[mythtv-users] Compelling reasons to go 64bit?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 04:24:26 UTC 2006

I'm considering switching my myth box to x86_64 when I upgrade to FC6.
  Is there any compelling reason to do this yet?  It has a 3Ghz P4
which handles HD playback quite nicely with hyper threading turned on.

I guess my question boils down to two parts: a) Is anybody
successfully doing HD playback in 64bit mode with a similar processor,
and b) Will any of the other processor intensive myth tasks, namely
commercial detection and transcoding, benifit from the switch?