[mythtv-users] new install help

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 03:49:06 UTC 2006

> The line you copied i saw! believe me im not that ignorant.  I have a PVR-150MCE.  So thats why that didnt make sense to me as the 150 is hardware encoding.
>
> I dont know what the problem is.  I just posted all errors i could find.  The problem is that i cant view tv.  Where that stems from IDK.

I'd suggest rerunning mythtvsetup then, without the backend running,
and making sure you have the capture card set up correctly - and post
the details back to the list.  The line about "assuming RTjpeg" in the
backend log suggests that myth thinks you have a frame grabber - not a
hardware encoding caprture card like you have.

Have you gotten your capture card working outside of myth?  Can you
get a picture if you try:
$ mplayer /dev/video0