[mythtv-users] streaming MPEG-2: best solution?

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:04:21 UTC 2006

> I've looked around the web for solutions to stream recorded materials
> from my MythTV box to a Win32 or Linux box with some mediaplayer.
> The MythTV box is a VIA SP8000 running FC6 so I need a simple, clean,
> low CPU solution. No recoding is needed, just the streaming of the MPEG-2.
> What can you advise?
Where do you want to stream it?  If it's over the Internet your going
to need to transcode it down.  Otherwise it will take hours to
download a show to watch.  If it's on your local network I would
suggest looking into the windows player
(http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/).  I'm using this more and more.

I did some playing around with flash transcoding recently (I call it
Mythtube) which play very well over the Internet.  here's a discussion
about that:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/234501?search_string=mythtube;#234501

Jeff