[mythtv-users] streaming MPEG-2: best solution?

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:02:45 UTC 2006

The easiest solution to stream to a Linux box is to install a frontend and
have it connect to your backend.  You'll have all the options you do on the
backend and it should stream all the recordings as well as livetv, etc over
your network.  It won't take much power if you have XVmc on the box.

For Windows, there isn't a great solution, but if you want just stream
recorded materials, I recommend "MythTV Player" (
http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/)  The developer of it frequents this
mailing list, and there is a thread about it floating around somewhere.  I
use the "Testing Build" and it works great for me.

This is all assuming you're not doing anything with HD.  Hope that is
helpful.

Cole Brodine

On 11/28/06, Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've looked around the web for solutions to stream recorded materials
> from my MythTV box to a Win32 or Linux box with some mediaplayer.
> The MythTV box is a VIA SP8000 running FC6 so I need a simple, clean,
> low CPU solution. No recoding is needed, just the streaming of the MPEG-2.
> What can you advise?
>
> Kind regards,
> Udo

1422 13th Ave