[mythtv-users] IVTV 0.8.1 and PVR 500 with new Samsung tuners

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:29:03 UTC 2006

On 11/27/06, Ed Gatzke <ed.gatzke.groups at gmail.com> wrote:

> I see a recent (11/19) release of new IVTV drivers.  Anyone try these with
> a recent PVR 500 card?
>
> I used a patched older version just to get the PVR 500 working, but the
> quality was still sketchy.
>
> People with both Win and Myth systems said the quality was fine with the
> updated windows drivers, but still not great on the linux/myth side.
>
> I am running Knoppmyth R5D1 with the patch described at
> http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11871&highlight=   summarized
> below:

I am a little confused on this. If you are using a 2.6.18 kernel (which you
need if you are using ivtv-0.8.1) the patch is in the kernel so no patching
necissary for ivtv-0.8.1. BTW, I still have problems with the patch applied.
Read the ivtv list arcives and you will find a lot of discussion on this.

John