[mythtv-users] IVTV 0.8.1 and PVR 500 with new Samsung tuners

Ed Gatzke ed.gatzke.groups at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 19:25:03 UTC 2006

> > I am running Knoppmyth R5D1 with the patch described at
> > http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11871&highlight=
> > summarized below:
> >

> I am a little confused on this. If you are using a 2.6.18 kernel (which
> you need if you are using ivtv-0.8.1) the patch is in the kernel so no
> patching necessary for ivtv-0.8.1. BTW, I still have problems with the
> patch applied. Read the ivtv list archives and you will find a lot of
> discussion on this.

I am using the kernel that came with R5D1.  Not sure which kernel version,
but I used the patch as suggested.

I guess part of my question is, "Is the 2.6.18 kernel with IVTV-0.8.1 the
same as the older patched kernel or is it improved?"  Sounds like it is the
same, so there are still performance issues if people are complaining.

I searched the IVTV list but I don't see a lot of specific complaints about
the 500 with the new kernel with 0.8.1 ivtv drivers.  I was hoping to get
some feedback on the quality of ivtv-0.8.1 for the PVR 500, if anyone has
tried it out.