[mythtv-users] I bought a pcHDTV 5500, now what?

Joel Turner jturner421 at aol.com
Thu Nov 23 19:50:21 UTC 2006

Someone a while back created a script that took input from the
channels.conf  files, tested it through mplayer and wrote out a
secondary file with channels that could be decoded. It can be found
here. The wiki has additional instructions for tuning into each
station, watching the output to identify channels and updating the
file with correct station identifiers.  While a bit tedious, you only
have to do it once to produce a working channels.conf which you then
import into myth. As I don't use QAM anymore I can't verify if the
0.20 SVN channel importer works or not.

--Joel