[mythtv-users] Distro for MythTV, FC6 is killing me

Shaun Lowry shaun at lowry.me.uk
Thu Nov 23 13:23:13 UTC 2006

Rich West wrote:
> Using the livna drivers, I set up xorg.conf as below.  I also turned off
> a number of the MythTV features (showing the preview of the recording,
> using the "Retro" theme, etc) to lessen the chance of the front end
> hanging.  The atrpms nvidia drivers just seemed to cause me more
> problems than the livna ones, which really makes no sense since they are
> both the same binary driver from nVidia.
>
> -Rich

[snip]

Seconded.  I a frontend up and running on FC6 now using the livna
drivers & MythTV 0.20-fixes from source.  I'm recording DVB-T and
displaying it on a PAL 16:9 CRT using S/Video from an el-cheapo
FX5200.  No problems except that when I use compiz for the cool
eye-candy, the top and bottom panels are still visible when using
MythTV (although xine & mplayer seem to fullscreen just fine).  Here's
the xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "single head configuration"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Files"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "v4l"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "gb"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "PALTV"
        DisplaySize  656        369
        HorizSync    12.0 - 80.0
        VertRefresh  49.0 - 51.0
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nvidia"
        Option      "TVStandard" "PAL-I"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "UseDisplayDevice" "TV"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
        Option      "RenderAccel" "TRUE"
        Option      "UseEDID" "FALSE"
        Option      "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "PALTV"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"

                # Modes    "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "720x576"
                # Modes    "1024x768" "720x576"
                Viewport   0 0
                Depth     24
                Modes    "720x576"