[mythtv-users] Distro for MythTV, FC6 is killing me

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Nov 21 16:37:56 UTC 2006

Yup.. sorry about that.  The fingers were going faster this morning due
to the extra coffee. :)

BTW, it looks like he updated his site on the 7th for FC6..

Using the livna drivers, I set up xorg.conf as below.  I also turned off
a number of the MythTV features (showing the preview of the recording,
using the "Retro" theme, etc) to lessen the chance of the front end
hanging.  The atrpms nvidia drivers just seemed to cause me more
problems than the livna ones, which really makes no sense since they are
both the same binary driver from nVidia.

-Rich

Section "Files"

# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, a font server independent of the X server is
# used to render fonts.
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia"
        ModulePath   "/usr/lib64/xorg/modules"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"