[mythtv-users] Mythnews Multimedia changes

koen mythtv koen.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 08:55:17 UTC 2006

On 11/22/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:

> koen mythtv wrote:
> > I'm running svn version 11795 of the mythnews plugin.
> >
> > It has support for YouTube and Google Video.
> >
> > This works, however, the internal player is giving me grief with
> > sound, sometimes only a black screen, nothing
> > happens etc.
> >
> > is it possible to use mplayer instead of the internal player?
> > I could not find something in the config section in the frontend.
> >
> I forgot to update the README but some video will require that you pass
> "--enable-faad" on the command-line to enable the AAC audio support in
> ffmpeg and recompile mythtv.  I'm not sure if any of the downstream
> packages do this by default or not.
>
> Right now I've chosen not to configure an external player only because
> (like the Internal DVD player) I'd like to see any issues get worked out
> internally rather than relying on the crutch of an external player.

i couldn't agree with you  more on less is more pov but i have an 350 tvout
and i suspected this had anything to do with the problem of no video etc.

i changed the video aspect setting in the frontend from do not rescale (?)
to 4:3
and then most of the videos played albeit without sound.
i'm recompiling now and check tonight if i have sound.

Thank you very much for the great work on the mythnews plugin!
regards
Koen