[mythtv-users] Mythnews Multimedia changes

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Nov 22 21:05:15 UTC 2006

koen mythtv wrote:
> I'm running svn version 11795 of the mythnews plugin.
>
> It has support for YouTube and Google Video.
>
> This works, however, the internal player is giving me grief with
> sound, sometimes only a black screen, nothing
> happens etc.
>
> is it possible to use mplayer instead of the internal player?
> I could not find something in the config section in the frontend.

I forgot to update the README but some video will require that you pass
"--enable-faad" on the command-line to enable the AAC audio support in
ffmpeg and recompile mythtv.  I'm not sure if any of the downstream
packages do this by default or not.

Right now I've chosen not to configure an external player only because
(like the Internal DVD player) I'd like to see any issues get worked out
internally rather than relying on the crutch of an external player.

Kevin