[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Ed Gatzke ed.gatzke.groups at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:31:33 UTC 2006

> Now hang on, you might be on to something here.  If we can come up with
> a mind-reading interface, just think what that could do for the
> scheduler! ;)

Seriously, it would be nice to have real video on demand (since the cable co
won't give it to us for all channels, especially commercial free).

How expensive would it be to set up a farm of 5-10 boxes and grab most every
channel?  Mostly a problem of $$$ and setup time.

Then allow frontends to watch whatever and all the channels would be cached
all the time...

I could see this hapening in dorms and nerd frats (like my old one at
Tech).  Or tech co-op apartments.  Share one cable bill and one T1bill and
one server farm...