[mythtv-users] firewire with 3250

Eric Smith erictsmith at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 17:41:00 UTC 2006

On a side note, on the firewire_tester front, I did some more testing
last night outside of myth to try to get a better understanding of
what was going on.  It seems there is something "different" about my
TNT HD channel 1460 that allows the firewire port to reenable (there
may be other channels as well, but i focused on testing this theory
against that one).

To test i would purposefully hit a few channels that i knew would
disable the firewire, then would try to run the sure_change script to
an available HD channel.  Sure_change would fail with no firewire data
received about 75% of the time.  However, if i used 1460, i had a 100%
success rate with the channel change.

What was even more interesting was that if i changed to channel 1460
(successful) and then changed to channel 1700 (HBO HD with 5c no way i
should be receiving this channel) firewire_tester would still report
an immediate success, but trying to run a test capture immediately
afterwards gave me a 0 byte file.  Is it possible that firewire_test
is tesing "too quickly" before the channel change actually occurs?