[mythtv-users] Distro for MythTV, FC6 is killing me

jim scott jimdscott at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:45:43 UTC 2006

On 11/21/06, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:

> IMHO, going to FC6 with MythTV would be considered "bleeding edge", and
> it's easy to get cut. :)
>
> I'm at FC5 by following the wilsonnet.com how-to with the only
> modification being that I used the livna nvidia RPMS rather than the
> atrpms.  I had a heck of a time with the atrpm nvidia rpms.
>
> I'll upgrade to FC6 when the need arises.  For now, FC5 worked out fine.
> :)

I think you mean wilsonet (http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php).  I
followed that guide using for FC5 and found it very useful, except for the
ivtv changes. I've tried both the atrpm and livna nvidia rpms and have had
glx/OpenGL problems with both. I turned off the OpenGL effects for the front
end to avoid the problem since I couldn't fix it.