[mythtv-users] Why is MythTV recording shows I just watch?

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 20 15:22:07 UTC 2006

Brett Kosinski wrote:
>     Thanks.
>     Is it possible to have the backend always watch a certain channel(s)
>     even when the frontend is not running?
>

> It's unclear what you mean, here.  If there are recordings scheduled,
> the backend will record them even if no frontend is running (of course,
> the backend must be running :).  Is that what you're after?

Also! :-)
I mean the backend could be recording one channel or another all the
time (just like perlpodder searching for keywords and/or using a default
channel) and keep them in the same way as the WLive TV (that I watched)
kind.
Then, if the show is interesting enough, I could move it to the
`recorded` status and keep it for a while.
(still looking to get that myth rename perl script running, it needs
MythTV.pm...)

>     The frontend sometimes get stuck in the video stream but I hope the
>     backend does not suffer that problem. It would save decoding the stream
>     since it just needs to stream to disk.
>
> I suspect any playback hiccups you're experiencing are on the frontend
> (or networking issues), rather than on the backend capture side.

OK. No network here between back and front.

> Of
> course, that's not 100% guaranteed, but it's certainly most likely.

OK. Please ket me know about the always recording thing.

Thanks,
Udo