[mythtv-users] Why is MythTV recording shows I just watch?

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Mon Nov 20 15:22:38 UTC 2006

On Mon Nov 20, 2006 at 03:57:04PM +0100, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Thanks.
> Is it possible to have the backend always watch a certain channel(s)
> even when the frontend is not running?
> The frontend sometimes get stuck in the video stream but I hope the
> backend does not suffer that problem. It would save decoding the stream
> since it just needs to stream to disk.
> This would be ideal for my single channel setup (for now, in a month or
> so I will have three dutch free channels, wew!).

You could create a custom rule to record everything on a given channel,
yes.  Seems rather like overkill to me (it's as easy to go through in
advance and select what to record as it is to go through afterwards and
select what to watch) but I don't see why this shouldn't work.

I'm not certain of the details of how to do this, but I'd guess a title
match of .* should do it.

HTH,
        Robin
--