[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Phil Bridges gravityhammer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 16:40:38 UTC 2006

On 11/19/06, Viitasaari <public at viitasaari.ca> wrote:

> Unfortunately, nowhere does it say that channel changes will be upwards
> of 3-4 seconds (mine takes 8 seconds but 4 of that is LIRC)
>
> Having 3-4 second channel changes makes LiveTV unusable for most channel
> surfers.

It's funny that you mention that.  My company's DirectTV box takes 2-3
seconds to change channels if I'm channel-surfing.  I don't sit there
and complain about it, or throw it away - I use the program guide.
Guess I should be sending emails to the developer of their software.

BTW, my mythbox changes channels in about 2 sec.