[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 18:04:10 UTC 2006

On 11/19/06, Viitasaari <public at viitasaari.ca> wrote:
 > Unfortunately, nowhere does it say that channel changes will be upwards
> of 3-4 seconds (mine takes 8 seconds but 4 of that is LIRC)
>
> Having 3-4 second channel changes makes LiveTV unusable for most channel
> surfers.

when watching livetv have you tried using browse mode or the program
guide when you want to switch channels.  that way you can still see
what is on and switch to what you want to watch.  at least it reduces
the amount of time it will take you to find what you want to watch.

just for reference we are using 2 pvr-500 cards here and channel
change times are less than 1 second on a remote frontend.  not that i
ever use livetv, other than to check the channel change time ;)