[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 09:47:05 UTC 2006

> Similarly, since other apps can change channels quickly on this hardware,
> that's a strong indication that the problem lies with mythtv.
> Now, "strong indication" does not mean it's 100% guaranteed that the
> problem lies with mythtv. Maybe there is a bug somewhere else that only
> mythtv exposes. But until we know what actually causes this problem,
> you can't just say the problem is not in mythtv just because it works
> for you. "It works for me!" (also known as "It works on MY machine!" and
> in your case "I don't have the issue") is an age-old and stereotypical
> response software developers give when bugs in their software are pointed
> out. I first heard it probably 20 years ago, and today it's as invalid an
> excuse as it was back then.
> We have to look at the most likely culprit, and given that other apps can
> do what mythtv can't on the same hardware, I think mythtv is the more
> likely candidate here.

You've been around programming for 20 years or so then, and you can't
submit a proper bug report?  And then to further your point you blame
a developer who's system actually works for "not fixing your problem"?
 Without a proper bug report with some valuable debugging info showing
where the code is broken (and thus ruling out some other problem) the
developer has very little more to offer.  But as a person who's been
around programming long enough to hear "common phrases from 20 years
ago used today" we should assume you know all this.

That or you are just a troll...

-Chad