[mythtv-users] Comcast Digital HD and HDTV-5500

Joel Turner jturner421 at aol.com
Sat Nov 18 22:00:04 UTC 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 2:19 PM, Greg Woods wrote:

>  So far, I have only found two HD channels
> via QAM. All the rest of them I can only get via the cable box.
>
> --Greg

I've been more fortunate with Charter in Wisconsin.  When I was
running QAM with an pcHDTV3000, I was able to get all channels in the
traditional analog range (1-99)  and OTA HD channels over QAM with no
problems with the exception of FOX which is not offered. I now use
the card as an ATSC tuner and use an DCT6200 with firewire capture
giving me two HD tuners.  I still get all the channels I received
over QAM through firewire with the exception of premium channels
(HBO, ESPNHD, etc..) which are 5C encrypted.

--Joel