[mythtv-users] MythArchive DVD menus freeze

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 17:59:12 UTC 2006

On 11/18/06, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/18/06, Curtis Porter <cdp at curtisporter.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 10:51 -0800, Karl Newman wrote:
> >
> > > No, I'm still having the problem. In my searches the person that had
> > > the other problem traced it down to a problem with a non-standard
> > > graphics file on the menu (even though dvdauthor is supposed to
> > > convert all graphics to standard format). I think it was a png he was
> > > having problems with.
> >
> > I had the problem you describe, and found an answer in this thread:
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/226002
> >
> > Replacing the mjpegtools from atrpms with version 1.8 is a workaround.
> >
> > But he is using the 1.8 version.
>
> John

I have a similar problem.  When I make a DVD using the G.A.N.T. menu system,
the following happens...

In mythdvd internal player:
 - the selection highlights never pop up, the music loops, I have to choose
next chapter to get it to play.
in xine player:
 - the selection highlights pop up after about 15 seconds of sitting at the
menu with the music playing (somewhat works).
on standalong DVD player:
 - the selection highlights pop up after the whole music sequence completes
which doesn't end for about 25-30 seconds

I'm using CVS version of mjpegtools, I tried reverting back to 1.8.0 (using
tarball) for kicks to see if I could get the menus working with an older
version but when I do that the mythburn script never completes.  I get this
error:

2006-11-18 08:58:10 Added image /tmp/work/2/thumbnail.jpg
2006-11-18 08:58:10 Added button image
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mytharchive/themes/G.A.N.T./blank.png
2006-11-18 08:58:12 Encoding Menu Page 1 using aspect ratio '16:9'
2006-11-18 08:58:12
2006-11-18 08:58:12 ERROR: Failed while running png2yuv - png2yuv -n 449 -v0
-I p -f 29.97 -j '/tmp/work/background-1.png' | mpeg2enc -b 5000 -a 3 -v 1
-f 8 -o '/tm
p/work/temp.m2v'
2006-11-18 08:58:12
2006-11-18 08:58:12
2006-11-18 08:58:12 Terminated

This is really the first time I've tried to archive something since about 4
months ago.  I gave it a rest becuase I was having too many issues.  It
looks very close to working now.
-Greg