[mythtv-users] NVR: Won't work with the streaming interface

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Nov 18 05:01:19 UTC 2006

* On Fri Nov 17, 2006 at 05:06:30PM -0500, j1mw at bellsouth.net wrote:
> I am getting the below  in my mythbackend.log file
> 006-11-16 20:58:53.390 NVR: Won't work with the streaming interface, falling back
> VIDIOCGMBUF:: Invalid argument

That "NVR:" indicates you selected "Analog V4L capture card" as the card type
for your capture card.  You should have selected
"MPEG-2 encoder card (PVR-x50, PVR-500)" for the PVR-USB2 since it has a
hardware MPEG-2 encoder onboard.  There is a little more info on this pvrusb2
page:

	http://www.isely.net/pvrusb2/usage.html

--
Chris