[mythtv-users] mythtv very confused about length of recording

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Nov 15 15:18:22 UTC 2006

Marco Nelissen <marcone at xs4all.nl> says:
> I have this recording that is about an hour long, however mythtv thinks
> it's 2 minutes and 31 seconds. As a result, skipping forward and backward
> is... interesting.
> I tried rebuilding the seektable with mythcommflag, but it had no effect.
> How can I convince mythtv that this recording is in fact 1 hour long?

mythtranscode \
--mpeg2 \
--buildindex \
--allkeys # Works without this, but frames smear a little at jumps \
-c xxxx # Four-digit channel number (see recording's filename)[1] \
-s yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm # Date and time recording began (see filename) \
--showprogress \
--verbose important,general # Because I like detail

[1] Note that, although

--infile mythrecording.mpg

should be equivalent to

I can't use this because I call from crontab every hour

perl /usr/share/doc/mythtv-0.20/contrib/mythrename.pl --format "\%T

(the above all on one line) to rename all my recordings to
human-readable ones. -c -s always works.