[mythtv-users] Gappy playback of some DVB-T recordings

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 23:11:10 UTC 2006

On 14/11/06, malcolm torrent <malcolm.torrent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've seem some issues with BBC programs jumping to the audio
> description [ for use by the visually impaired] during playback.
> I can't explain why, but maybe this is the extra audio track you removed.
> Mal.

I've done some more test recordings & it's _definitely_ only ones
where there's an audio description track.

I haven't looked at the recorder source yet, but I'd like to angle for
having a 'video & one audio track' recording profile for DVB.  I
realise there might be an issue where mythtv could get misled by what
the stream says the 'primary' audio channel is, but what if it decided
based on the following:

If there's more than one stream, optionally ignore the stream with the
lowest bitrate.  I say 'if there's more than one' because I'd like my
dvb radio recordings to still work too ;)

That at least those folks who want more than one audio stream can keep
as many as they want.  I'll have a dig around, and if I feel up to the
job I'll have a go at putting it into practice.

An aside to this is that it might also fix the alleged issue in
mythtranscode where a stream with only one audio track suddenly gains
one (e.g. when the BBC see fit to enable the 2nd audio track before a
show with audio description is aired), making the transcoder 'throw a
wobbler'.

The mystery around why the problem only seems to show up when I'm
deinterlacing still remains though :-\

Justin.
--
Justin Hornsby