[mythtv-users] Multiple boxes on different networks

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 22:26:53 UTC 2006

Jawaad wrote:

You described your setup as having a mythbackend server that also happens to
be your router. Does it communicate with other MythTV equipment on the
192.168.0.0/24 interface, the 192.168.1.0/24 interface, or both? Is this the
master backend? the only backend?

It does communicate with the other mythfrontends via the
192.168.0.0/24interface.  I used to have a setup where it communicated
to frontends in
both the 192.168.1.0/24 and 192.168.0.0/24 networks.  The server has three
"legs", one in each network and therefore has three names corresponding to
each "leg".  This is the only backend.  I used to have a master and a slave
setup though but I decided to consolidate everything in one. (One PC to rule
them all! ). It runs 24/7.  It does all server duties: Mysql, Squid, DNS
caching, IP Masquerade, Asterisk VOIP, Hotwayd, NTP, HTTPD, VPN,  Nagios,
SSH, vncserver , MythTV, FFserver, Qmail, Dovecot, Squirrelmail, Cups...
Well, I'm just bragging now. Sorry.