[mythtv-users] OpenGL vsync broken on Xorg 7.1 or latest nVidia driver?

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 02:54:27 UTC 2006

I have been using OpenGL vsync ever since Doug added it to Myth.

I just did a fresh install of FC6 on my frontend machine.  Ever since
doing so, enabling OpenGL vsync causes a minor but consistant stutter
of HD playback.  It is basically like a micro-second pause every
second.  If I turn off OpenGL vsync, the problem goes away.

Has anyone else noticed this?  If so, has anyone determine whether it
is a Xorg 7.1 or an nVidia driver problem?  I tried going back on
version of the nVidia driver, but that had no effect.  Unfortunately,
I don't remember exactly which version of the nVidia driver I was
running before.

John