[mythtv-users] PDA Trancode & auto copy to SD Card

Jeff volckaert jvolckaert at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 14:48:34 UTC 2006

> Is it possible to use hotplug to detect if i load a SD card into my
> cardreader and then fire up a (Bash / Perl) script that will:
>
> 1. Wipe all files present on card
> 2. Calculate how many of the transcoded files will fit on the card to fill
> it to the max. (respecting file dates)
> 3. Copy / move these files to the SD card, leaving the files intact that
> won't fit on the card (ready for a next run)
> 4. Unmount cleanly
> 5. Beep (audible warning when ready)
>
> Or:
>
> Add a button to the Frontend menu that will run proposed script in a
> terminal style window like the
> mytharchive progress / log monitor.
That's a little out of my programming reach.  Maybe someone else with
some filesystem coding experience would like to take a stab at it.
Maybe as a userjob 4.

Personally, I prefer to organize my cards myself.  I have some shows I
like to watch as soon as I can (Jericho), some I like to watch once a
day or so (Star Trek TNG), and some I like to watch when the mood hits
me (Mysteries of the Deep, Deep Sea Detectives).  I only have to swap
files around once or twice a week.

Jeff