[mythtv-users] video plays too fast on ABC. out of sync.

Inor Kuo inorkuo at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 7 16:58:35 UTC 2006

>Care to rebuild from the src.rpm and test? Contact me in PM (or
>atrpms-devel) for any build assistance with the src.rpm.

I am willing to try to rebuild from the source rpm and test but I've not
done it before.  I tried googling for some direction on how to build from
the source rpm but couldn't find much.  I'm going to pm you about this
rather than join the atrpms-devel list since I'm not really a developer.  I
wouldn't be able to help much with programming.

>>I suspect there is something wrong with my nvidia driver

>Make sure you have a section Files with proper ModulePaths. Check out
>http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/nvidia-config-fix/ for details

I did as the directions specified and copied the two files
nvidia-config-x.py and nvidia-graphics-append to the
/usr/lib/nvidia-graphics-helpers directory and changed my xorg.conf to match
xorg.temp.  I then reinstalled nvidia-graphics8776 and the "Files" section
was added.  That section is identical to the section in my original
xorg.conf, but now the "Module" section is missing.  My original xorg.conf
had the following in the "Module" section.

Section "Module"
        Load  "v4l"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
EndSection

I have been using the same xorg.conf since I started with fc5 and mythtv so
a lot of it just carried over from previous installations of the nvidia
driver.  I added the "v4l" per jarod's howto.  Is this section not supposed
to be there for fc6?

Regards,
Inor