[mythtv-users] video plays too fast on ABC. out of sync.

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Nov 6 23:27:25 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 08:28:14AM -0500, Inor Kuo wrote:
> I successfully installed from source using the svn version of myth.  I think
> am closer to a resolution.  The last version of myth from atrpm's that I was
> using did not have opengl vertical sync compiled as an option.

Yes, that's true. That was because the build would fail. But since
you've obviously built it on FC6 maybe things have changed to the
better.

Care to rebuild from the src.rpm and test? Contact me in PM (or
atrpms-devel) for any build assistance with the src.rpm.

> I don't think there is anything wrong with my compile options.  I suspect
> that there is something wrong with my nvidia driver.  I am using 8776 from
> atrpms for fc6.  I tried using the .run file from nvidia's site, but the
> installer failed saying it can't compile the kernel modules.  With axel's
> rpms I cannot open the nvidia settings dialog.  I tried 9626 but I could
> only get it to display 800x600.  I probably should not have gone with fc6
> but having the latest and greatest was just too tempting.  So I feel like I
> am making progress and learning a little bit as I go along.

Make sure you have a section Files with proper ModulePaths. Check out
http://people.atrpms.net/~pcavalcanti/nvidia-config-fix/ for details
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net