[mythtv-users] MediaMVP as front end

Trampas tstern at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 6 20:24:02 UTC 2006

Thanks for the information.

Using the windows software that came with the box it takes 10-30 seconds for
things to happen. I also tried GBPVR and it was unusable as that the lag was
so bad that clicking menus was near impossible.

As far as MPEG 4, the latest windows software does the transcoding on the
windows box. This currently is the main use of the MediaMVP for me as that I
don't have cable and thus have a friend record Battlestar galatica for me.
Thus I put on PC and stream. The transcoding on the windows box is bad as
that the audio gets out of sync. Note I run on a 3800+ X2 box with 2G ram,
thus CPU should not be an issue.

I am trying to get FC6 and Myth installed on another box as a backend and
use the MediaMVP as front end. If I can get it all working I was going to
give my friend a backend box to make it easier to record the shows like
battlestar...

Trampas