[mythtv-users] MythTV can't (safely) record UK Channel five

John Winters mythtv at sinodun.org.uk
Sun Nov 5 09:13:06 UTC 2006

John Winters wrote:
[of problems recording channel five]

I've just done a cross check and deliberately attempted to record
Channel five on an older MythTV box with just the one DVB-T card in it.
  Exactly the same result - after a few minutes of recording the backend
process silently exits.

I realised that part of the information in my previous post is wrong.
The new box is running Debian Etch; it's the older one which is running
Debian Sarge.  Both of them are using up to date Marillat packages from
debian-multimedia.org (0.20-0.3)

Am I the only person in the country who ever wants to look at anything
on Channel five (albeit very seldom)?

TIA,
John