[mythtv-users] Myth vs. Sage vs. Beyond

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Sat Nov 4 21:57:43 UTC 2006

> The IVTV guys have copies of the tech specs they won't share with others.

 Specs on the card is not the same as specs on every tuner.

> They got a marginally decent driver working, but have not tweaked it to get
> a good pictures.

  The same card in the same machine with the same video sourcewill look VERY different in windows and linux depending on the resolution/bitrate used. You might want to verify that your windows app and your myth recording profile has the same settings. Myth defaults to 480x480 with a not very high bitrate. If you
haven'ttouched those settings I wouldn't besuprised if you have issues.
There are also several settings(dnr and such) that you can set on the cards which can affect video quality which just about noone touches which can help you.