[mythtv-users] Mac OS X Problems

Todd Ignasiak ignasiak at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 15:43:25 UTC 2006

On 11/3/06, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:
> I've built the frontend from a recent (about a week old)  0.20 svn, on a
> dual Intel Mac Mini. It basically works, but I've run into a variety of
> issues, I would appreciate feedback on.

I have tried recent svn builds on both a Mac Mini core duo with a 720p
HDTV, and a MacBook Pro on it's LCD, and I don't see the
scaling/performance issues you're seeing.   I don't have a higher
resolution display to test with, so I can't try to duplicate your
issues.

> 3) Many of the Qt interface menu choices end up an unreadable light on
> white.

In the appearance settings menu, change the "Qt Style" option to
"Windows", then the menus will look fine.

> 4) The Mac keyboard doesn't work on the top levels of interface menus. I
> have to use Mac remote. Both work once I get down further say in the
> select a recording to watch gui, or during the actual playback.

I'm not seeing this on my MacBook Pro.  I run my mini via remote and
sometimes VNC, and I have not seen this.

> 5) Startup time is slow once I select a recording to watch.

How slow is slow?  Mine could be quicker, but it's not bad.  I get a
3-4 second pause when starting playback of an HD program.