[mythtv-users] Mac OS X Problems

Ken Mandelberg km at mathcs.emory.edu
Fri Nov 3 15:29:22 UTC 2006

I've built the frontend from a recent (about a week old)  0.20 svn, on a
dual Intel Mac Mini. It basically works, but I've run into a variety of
issues, I would appreciate feedback on.

1) Scaling doesn't work, despite the fact its checked in setup. When I
hit "w" and cycle through the options (4x3, 16x9, stretch, ...) only the
caption changes.

2) I really want to run with the monitor at 1920x1200 resolution. At
this resolution 1080i playback is very jerky (although 720p is ok). I
can go down to 1600x1200, but wish I didn't have to.

3) Many of the Qt interface menu choices end up an unreadable light on
white.

4) The Mac keyboard doesn't work on the top levels of interface menus. I
have to use Mac remote. Both work once I get down further say in the
select a recording to watch gui, or during the actual playback.

5) Startup time is slow once I select a recording to watch.

I'm using the default configure for the build, and running against
qt-mac-free-3.3.3.