[mythtv-users] Comcast HD & firewire

Mark Lehrer mark at knm.org
Thu Nov 2 22:07:57 UTC 2006

I have had Myth working reasonably well with High Definition over the
air, so I am thinking about trying Comcast and their firewire
interface.

Could someone who is already doing this answer a few questions:

1) Which hi def receiver do I want?  They said I am going to get a
   Motorola DCT 6400 - will that do the firewire?

2) How well does MythTV work with the cable content?  For example, I
heard that the standard definition channels used 12GB per hour - 50%
more than OTA hi def.  I am definitely going to want to watch the hi
def Discovery, ESPN, and HBO channels.

Thanks,
Mark