[mythtv-users] Hauppauge MCE remote problems

Iohan Reyes ijr at routex.net
Wed Nov 1 15:54:18 UTC 2006

Make sure the buttons specified in your lircd.conf file are the same
buttons specified in the .lircrc file.  I am not sure if it is
case-sensitive, but it doesn't hurt to make sure they match.

For example, if in the lircd.conf file, the line says:

FastFwd                  0x00000000000017B4

Make sure in the .lircrc it says:

begin

prog = mythtv

button = FastFwd

repeat = 3

config = >

end

If in the above example, the lircrc specifies "button = forward" instead
of  "button = FastFwd" then the button will not work.  Don't mean to be
repetitive, but basically, make sure all the button names match in both
files.