[mythtv-users] Hauppauge MCE remote problems

Ed Gatzke ed.gatzke.groups at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 15:12:32 UTC 2006

I got the Hauppauge MCE PVR 500 kit with a MCE USB remote.

This is not the older version with some colored keys, it has labeled buttons
for a variety of tasks (Live TV, My Music, others)

Most buttons don't work on my install, but enough do work to limp along for
now (play, stop, up down select, back menu are about it).

irw sees all the buttons, so I assume lirc is set up mostly correct.

I tried to use "edit keys" but after I select an action, the keypress does
not seem to get bound to the blank blocks below the menus.

I think I just need the correct file to put in my .mythtv folder, but I have
not found the correct one yet.  Someone out there must have it...

I am running knoppmyth R5D1 with the update to 0.20 and the PVR-500 patch.
I do not know the SVN version.

The remote is featured at:

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_pvr500mcekit.html

Thanks!