[mythtv-users] [Mythtv-users] - Slightly OT - New TV or Plasma in Aust

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Wed May 31 00:13:46 UTC 2006

Hi Every body....

Hi Jason,

>Not exactly. HD is a collection of different broadcast.  'HD' sets will
have a native
>display resolution, and convert everything else to it. It might be 720p,
1080i, 1080p

No I didn't know that. Crap more reading
>>Now dont get me wrong here. There is stuff to no HD content in Aust.

>?? There's plenty of HD content in Australia. At least here in melbourne,
all the free-
> to-air broadcasters have HD channels.  Sometimes the content is just
up-res'd
> standard def, but plenty is HD as well.

Actually I do run the DVICO's in my mythtv setup, up till now I had just
removed the HD channels with out trying them.

Best I fix that…….

>>So of the Aust users out there, can you recomend any Plasma's that are
>>good value for features.

>Are you not considering LCD's?  I bought  a plasma 18 months ago, but the
LCD's
>have really come down in price since.

Ok, don't everybody flame me or get up on your high horses. But of the info
I have read they are saying that Plasma's are better now that there half
life is longer and that LCD's have a problem with fast motion. Sci FI tends
to have a lot of that.

Connection wise,
What is the best to look for?
MY FX5200 has the DVI output so that will give the best Picture, Right?
What is the advantage of a HDMI input over a DVI, remembering that the only
thing that is going to be pluged into this thing is my Mythfrontend with the
FX5200.

Along those same lines, I have a really big problem with DRM, so I guess
that there is no HD DVDs for me.

there is the other connections you see on this forum as well Compisit and
Component (One is the RED, White & Yellow leads. the other is the RED,
Green, blue or something like that.)
Are they any use to me, considering I am going to allmost exclusively be
using this for Myth. Or untill Myth and PC hardware can't do what I need.
(remember i dont like DRM )

Hey thanks for everybodies time.
Feel free to flame me off list if you want..... :P

Chris