[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue May 30 21:05:57 UTC 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 1:37 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> On 05/30/2006 03:06 PM, cweisiger at i-55.com wrote:
>> The audio from the cable box, am i suppose
>> to hook it to my pvr-150 audio-in, or to my on-board sound card
>> line-in?
>>

> It has to go to the PVR-150 to be recorded into the MPEG stream.
>
>> I was thinking to hook it up to my on-board sound see if it makes
>> a difference.
>>

> It will, but not in the way you're hoping.  ;)
>
>> I think the cables I got were of better quality then the cheapo ones.
>>
>> Ill double check though.
>
> As suggested by someone else, check the output from your cable box.
> Also, make sure your audio cables are plugged in all the way--ISTR
> someone saying something was getting in the way unless you turn the
> plug
> a particular way.

I suspect you are thinking of the plug for the IR sensor/blaster,
which is so close to the edge of the card that it will hit the metal
unless you orient it so that the beveled side is facing the edge.
AFAIK the 1/8" audio input is a standard connector, but does need
moderate pressure to ensure it is seated completely.