[mythtv-users] [Mythtv-users] - Slightly OT - New TV or Plasma in Aust

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Tue May 30 07:21:22 UTC 2006

On 5/30/06, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering what the views on Plasma vs LCD are.

The best answer is whatever you think looks the best for the price.

Going by the market it seems that LCD is preferred at a given size if
the prices are comparable. E.g. 36" plasmas are far less common than
they once were due to the increasing numbers of LCDs in that sort of
size. But at 40"+ prices on LCDs are much higher than for similar size
plasmas, so if you want that sort of size you'll need to convince
yourself that the LCD is worth the extra money. I couldn't ... I've
got a 42" plasma, and am very happy with it.

Steve