[mythtv-users] Message 16. Channel selection mechanism

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Fri May 26 08:05:26 UTC 2006

> Well if all else fails you could try configuring and running the grabber
> and mythfilldatabase manually, outside of mythtv, as discussed here:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/184175?search_string=xmltv;#184175
>

> Thanks but I've been experimenting along those lines for over a week.
>
> /home/alan/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf contans:
>
> channel london.bbc1.bbc.co.uk
> channel london.bbc2.bbc.co.uk
> channel channel4.com
> channel channel5.co.uk
> channel carlton.com
>
> yet the channel editor shows about fifty channels. Which file does one have to
> edit to remove the remainder? The Delete button doesn't do anything. There
> appear to be no up-to-date instructions about how this section is supposed to
> work.

I just uncheck the 'visible' field, for channels I don't want to see.
I seem to remember that the delete channel button did work but that,
with my dvb-t card the channels got re-added automatically.  What
capture carda are you using?

I'm afraid I haven't done any channel scanning since 0.17, and things
have changed a lot since then.