[mythtv-users] Message 16. Channel selection mechanism

Alan Secker alan at asandco.co.uk
Fri May 26 07:48:47 UTC 2006

On 24/05/06, Alan Secker <alan at asandco.co.uk> wrote:

> > Hi Warren
> >
> > My system is on a plug-in drive that was re-plugged about a week ago.
> > Even so, the CMOS or flash memory should be holding the date. I have
> > never had a date flip like that before. Thanks for alerting me to it.
> >
> > Anyway, about that problem I had way back in 2006. I still have it.

Well if all else fails you could try configuring and running the grabber
and mythfilldatabase manually, outside of mythtv, as discussed here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/184175?search_string=xmltv;#184175

Thanks but I've been experimenting along those lines for over a week.

/home/alan/.xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt.conf contans:

channel london.bbc1.bbc.co.uk
channel london.bbc2.bbc.co.uk
channel channel4.com
channel channel5.co.uk
channel carlton.com

yet the channel editor shows about fifty channels. Which file does one have to
edit to remove the remainder? The Delete button doesn't do anything. There
appear to be no up-to-date instructions about how this section is supposed to
work.