[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

moogie okcancel at yahoo.com
Tue May 23 23:41:28 UTC 2006

--- Francesco Peeters <Francesco at FamPeeters.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 23, 2006 12:28, moogie said:
> <SNIP>
> >
> > My MythTV Frontend Menus are slightly "bigger"
> > than my TV screen.  Like this:
> >
> > |================================|
> > |................................|
> > |..|==========================|..|
> > |..|..........................|..|
> > |..|..........................|..|
> > |..|..........................|..|
> > |..|..........................|..|
> > |..|..........................|..|
> > |..|..........................|..|
> > |..|==========================|..|
> > |................................|
> > |================================|
> >
> > The outside box represents the MythTV Menus.
> > The inside box represents the Sony KDF60WF655
> > RP LCD TV screen.
> >
> > The only Modeline that works is
> > "1920x1080" 74.250 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084
1094
> > 1124 interlace +hsync +vsync
> > it was mentioned in the Xorg log file.
> >
> > I tried various other Modelines but nothing
> > else worked.  How do I "squeeze" the MythTV Menus
> > on all 4 sides to make them fit on the screen?
> >

> I do not have a mythtv box handy here, but in the
settings (IIRC under
> General) there's some settings for the GUI, like
offset and size...

> Good luck!
>

> --
> Francesco Peeters
> ----
> GPG Key = AA69 E7C6 1D8A F148 160C  D5C4 9943 6E38
D5E3 7704
> If your program doesn't recognize my signature,
please visit
> http://www.CAcert.org/index.php?id=3 to retrieve the
Root CA certificate.

I am looking these settings.
I have not yet made any changes.

In the meantime, I just noticed that just like
the "bigger" MythTV frontend:

1.  The Fedora login screen is also "bigger"
than my TV's physical screen.

2.  The MythTV (user) desktop is also "bigger"
than my TV's physical screen.

So (not surprisingly) the MythTV frontend is
following the same trend.

Looks like all these size problems are related.
Correct?
If yes, making changes to GUI, offset, ... in the
frontend's Setup - will that resolve the
Fedora login screen and MythTV desktop sizes?

It seems that whatever is causing this problem thinks
that my screen is larger than it actually is.
There should be a group of common settings that
will fix this.  What would that be?