[mythtv-users] Fwd: A series of noob questions

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Tue May 23 18:03:29 UTC 2006

______________________________________
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Mike Angstadt
Sent: 23 May 2006 18:09
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Fwd: A series of noob questions

On 5/23/06, H P Ladds <householdwords at gmail.com> wrote:
Thnaks

Aye -- that's better. I was going a nuts looking for the log. Never thought
to create my own.

It's odd to me that Myth doesn't creates the backend.log, but not the front.

Perhaps because the frontend is so dynamic.

I'm not positive, but this may be a KnoppMyth thing.  I'm running KnoppMyth
on one system (previously a backend/frontend but now just a backend) and my
other frontend was KnoppMyth initially, but then I compiled it myself
later.  The compiled version puts the frontend.log in /var/log/mythtv but
the KnoppMyth system only creates a mythbackend log.  Not sure why that is.

-Mike

Could it be because KnoppMyth frontends are also designed to run as live
cd's?

Steve Daniels