[mythtv-users] Fwd: A series of noob questions

Mike Angstadt daenris at gmail.com
Tue May 23 17:08:46 UTC 2006

On 5/23/06, H P Ladds <householdwords at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thnaks
>
> Aye -- that's better. I was going a nuts looking for the log. Never
> thought to create my own.
>
> It's odd to me that Myth doesn't creates the backend.log, but not the
> front.
>
> Perhaps because the frontend is so dynamic.

I'm not positive, but this may be a KnoppMyth thing.  I'm running KnoppMyth
on one system (previously a backend/frontend but now just a backend) and my
other frontend was KnoppMyth initially, but then I compiled it myself
later.  The compiled version puts the frontend.log in /var/log/mythtv but
the KnoppMyth system only creates a mythbackend log.  Not sure why that is.

-Mike