[mythtv-users] Standalone VFD/LCD recommendations?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue May 23 14:41:01 UTC 2006

Yann Lehmann <aristide at tiscali.ch> says:
> Yesterday, I found this site (in german), that could be of interest:
>
> http://www.includ.de/id_de/index.html

It
(<URL:http://shop.includ.de/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=32>)
*is* of interest. Happily, lcdproc appears to support its Hitachi
HD61202 LCD display as it is in turn compatible with the
KS0108. However, the cost is pretty high; €149.00 / 1.16 (to remove
the VAT) = US$165, and that's even assuming the company ships outside
the Eurozone.

That said, even if it's a little bit too pricey (and given what it
does perhaps it is indeed worth the money to MythTV fans), I'm glad
it's given me the idea to look beyond just drive bay-sized displays;
there's a lot to be said for a graphics-capable external display that
can be moved to wherever is most convenient (in my case, right in
front of the unused speakers of my LCD TV). Something like
<URL:http://www.lcdgallery.net/?f=view&lcdid=195>,
<URL:http://www.lcdgallery.net/?f=view&lcdid=277>, or
<URL:http://www.lcdgallery.net/?f=view&lcdid=230> in prepackaged
commercial form for us non-solderers would be great; suggestions?