[mythtv-users] Choosing different capture cards for shows following one another

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Sun May 21 09:31:03 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Here in Australia, the TV guide and the actual times that shows run at
are often far apart from one another. On some channels it is not unusual
for a show to start (and finish) more than 10 minutes late. I've
therefore set my default recording profiles to start 5 minutes early and
finish 15 minutes late (I *still* sometimes miss the end of shows!).

My problem is this. When two shows are in consecutive timeslots but on
different channels, MythTV ignores the record overtime setting so that
it can switch channels and record the next show. This makes sense when
you only have one tuner card, since you don't want scheduling conflicts
to be caused by the extra recording time. I have two capture cards
though, so I would prefer that MythTV *did* record the extra time for
the first show and simply used the 2nd card to record the show on the
other channel. Is there any way to make Myth behave this way? The only
workaround I've come up with is to record the following show on the 1st
channel so that it is forced to use the 2nd card for the 2nd channel.

Cheers,
Michelle