[mythtv-users] couple mythgame questions

John Goulah jgoulah at gmail.com
Mon May 22 03:36:03 UTC 2006

Hi George,

  Sounds about on the right track, but I couldn't seem to get it working
this way (for game or video).  If I knew a little more about how the
keybindings table worked internally I could possibly debug the issue with
your solution, but I am not really sure on how this table actually maps to
the code or why your solution didn't work for me.

 What did eventually work for me was adding an entry to my .lircrc file
which binds button 9 to "Page Down".  Of course this might screw up the
button when I'm using it for TV channels, but right now I'm actually using
myth for just about everything but tv... Surprisingly even with the entry
before the binding keypad digit 9 to number 9 its still using my newly
defined page down action. Perhaps lirc takes the first assignment and sticks
with it, i'm not sure.

  One thing I really like in mythmusic is how you can use the keys on the
numberpad to jump down the list.  I'm wondering if this is in the mythmusic
code or where this action is defined.... perhaps I can port it into
mythgame...  Anyone have any more insight??

Thanks!
John