[mythtv-users] couple mythgame questions

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon May 22 01:15:01 UTC 2006

On 21-May-06, at 6:08 PM, John Goulah wrote:

> Is there an easy way to page down the mythgame list with a remote? Or
> perhaps entering the letter (via number keypad) such as the mythmusic
> plugin supports?  I have over 500 Nes roms and its really hard to get
> to the end of the list....

Not sure about mythgame but I solved a similar problem with mythvideo
by adding bindings to the "qt" context.

In mysql do something like this:

insert into keybindings (context, action, description, keylist,
hostname) values ('qt', 'PAGEDOWN', 'Page Down', '9', ###);

the ### bit depends on where your frontend lives. To see a list of
possible values do this and pick the appropriate hostname:

select distinct hostname from keybindings;

The mythcontrols plugin allows you mess with what key does what in
various contexts but so far as I know there isn't a UI way to add
actions to a context. That's why I started with a sql insert.

Of course, if there's a UI way to add new actions and I've missed it
then never mind. Just use the plugin.

- George