[mythtv-users] Skip hangs for some recordings

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Sat May 20 00:54:07 UTC 2006

> Are you running with XvMC + nvidia?
>
> I just switched to using XvMC, and have hit a similar problem (maybe twice
> so far), but it did not seem to *always* be hit in the same spot, I would
> have to try it again.
>
> I never had that problem without XvMC, and will probably turn it back off
> (maybe until .20, unless fixes are backported to .19-fixes).

No, I'm not using XvMC, although I do have a nvidia 6200. Incidentally,
I found that the 7676 drivers we the most effective with 0.19 for HD
playback. Since moving to the 0.19-fixes svn version of mythtv, it's a
bit jerky with HD again now sometimes, so I may have to experiment
further. I never had much success with XvMC.